Work With Ruben Centre - AVAILABLE JOB VACANCY
AVAILABLE JOB VACANCY
Job Title: Certified Nurse
Reports to: Clinic Administrator
No. of Position: (1)
Duty Station: Ruben Centre clinic-Nairobi
Deadline: 16th December 2017
Ruben Centre is a Faith Based Organization in Mukuru kwa Reuben slums. We are seeking to recruit a Nurse to work at the Centre's clinic. For more information about us, kindly visit our website www.rubencentre.org
- Provide appropriate prescribed treatment as well as counselling of patients to ensure adherence to treatment instructions.
- Triage of the patients and take all the vital signs and record it on the patients’ treatment sheet as well as in the patients’ register book.
- Administers the right drugs to the right patient at the right time, route, and doses and for the correct diagnosis.
- Cross checks the prescriptions made by the clinical officer for the expired date, correct dosages for the right age and weight for patients as recorded in the dispensing register.
- Maintained sterilization of the equipment such as the dressing materials and tools, minor surgery and laboratory equipment.
- In collaboration with the clinical officer in charge, organize and arrange referrals of complicated cases to the higher level health facility for further management.
Ensures monthly submission of the morbidity reports accurately to the County health department.
- Help with counselling of HIV patients enrolled in CCC.
- Attend ANC mothers in MCH on Wednesday’s and Friday’s.
- Participate in quality improvement activities (Meetings, trainings etc).
- Carry out other duties as delegated by the supervisor.
Key Qualifications and Competencies:
- Diploma in certified Nursing
- At least 2 years’ experience.
- Must have registration certificate from Nursing Council of Kenya
- Good communication and leadership skills
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications which include the cover letter, together with an updated CV with at least three referees with their telephone contact addressed to The Human Resource Manager, Ruben Centre
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
The candidate finally selected should comply with the child protection policy applied in the Organization.